Here are five authors who started writing or publishing after age fifty, or who continued their writing careers later into their lives. It’s not too late – ever!
- Frank McCourt – Angela’s Ashes was published when he was 67 years old. It won a Pulitzer Prize. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_McCourt
- Annie Proulx – Author of Brokeback Mountain and The Shipping News. Her first book, Postcards, was published when she was 56. Brokeback and News have both been made into movies. https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1262010.Annie_Proulx?from_search=true&from_srp=true
- Harriet Doerr – Stones for Ibarra, her first book, was published when she was 74. It won a National Book Award. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07637KZF8/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
- Bram Stoker – Dracula was published when he was 50. You’ve heard of that book, right? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bram_Stoker
- Anna Sewell – Black Beauty, a classic for over a century, was written when Sewell was 51. It was published when she was 57. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3685.Black_Beauty?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=KwcsbdDeqD&rank=1